At AXNT™, we take spam and permission very seriously, and we require you to do the same. By creating an account you are agreeing to our anti-spam policy.
Laws Are In Place, Permissions Matter
While national and international laws are a step in the right direction for reducing the spam problem, we don't feel they go far enough. Our definition of spam goes beyond the laws in most countries and encompasses what we believe to be true permission email marketing.
Spam is any email you send to someone who hasn't given you their direct permission to contact them on the topic of the email.
But that's not enough. Permission is a fuzzy word open to interpretation. Let's get into some specific scenarios so it's clear what does and doesn't constitute permission.
What can be sent with AXNT™?
To send email to anyone using AXNT™, you must have clearly obtained their permission. This could be done through:
- An email newsletter subscribe form on your web site.
- An opt-in checkbox on a form. This checkbox must not be checked by default, the person completing the form must willingly select the checkbox to indicate they want to hear from you.
- If someone completes an offline form like a survey or enters a competition, you can only contact them if it was explained to them that they would be contacted by email AND they ticked a box indicating they would like to be contacted.
- Customers who have purchased from you within the last 2 years.
- If someone gives you their business card and you have explained to them that you will be in touch by email, you can contact them. If they dropped their business card in a fishbowl at a trade show, there must be a sign indicating they will be contacted by email.
- Basically, you can only ever email anyone who has clearly given you permission to email them specifically about the subject you're contacting them about.
We Do No Allow The Following via AXNT
Examples outside the examples defined above doesn't equal permission. Below ere are some examples to make sure we're crystal clear. By using AXNT™, you agree not to import or send to any email address which:
- You do not have explicit, provable permission to contact in relation to the topic of the email you're sending.
- You bought, loaned, rented or in any way acquired your email list from a third party, no matter what they claim about quality or permission. You need to obtain permission yourself.
- You haven't contacted via email in the last 2 years. Permission doesn't age well and these people have either changed email address or won't remember giving their permission in the first place.
- You scraped or copy and pasted from the web. Just because people publish their email address doesn't mean they want to hear from you.
- Sure, some of these people might have given you their email address, but what's missing is the permission to email them commercial messages. Blasting promotional emails to any of these people won't be effective and will more than likely see your email marked as spam by many of your recipients.
Every email you send using AXNT™ must include the following:
- A single-click unsubscribe link that instantly removes the subscriber from your list. Once they unsubscribe, you can never email them again.
- The name and physical address of the sender.
How we'll know if you don't have permission
AXNT™ has a system of approval and monitoring to ensure compliance with our anti-spam policy. Here's a few of them:
- No email can be sent from your account until your account is approved.
- Our software is directly integrated into the spam reporting systems for some of the biggest ISP's like Google, Outlook, Yahoo and others. If you don't have permission and someone marks your campaign as spam, we'll know about it the moment that button is pressed. If you receive a complaint rate greater than 0.25% of all recipients (that's 25 complaints for every 10,000 recipients) your account will be terminated. This is a generous figure that takes into account false spam reports.
- Our team verifies all large lists imported into our software. Until we've given it the all clear, you can't send to it.
- We monitor blacklists and our abuse accounts all day every day. We can pinpoint who is causing us delivery problems or attracting complaints very easily.
- If we do discover that you're emailing people without their permission, we will terminate your account with AXNT™ immediately.
If your recipents don't recognize who you are or aren't interested in what you're sending, they'll think you're a spammer. It's simple. These standards are in place to protect our clients, thier companies, your subscribers and AXNT™ from being flagged as SPAM, and from being fined for non-compliance with CANSPAM laws, CCPA and GDPR.
For more information read the AXNT™ complete Anti-Spam policy.